Saturday, May 5, 2007

Crispix Party Mix, from Clio



17.5 oz. box of Crispix cereal (Clio says: If I can’t find the big box I use 1-1//2 boxes of the 12 oz. size)
16 oz pretzels (I used the looped ones and at Christmas time I use the Christmas tree ones)
12-16 oz. of peanuts

Put the above 3 ingredients in a BIG pan and slightly mix it up -- I put everything in the roaster that I use for our Thanksgiving turkey and I use a large rubber spatula to mix it.

In a small saucepan bring to a boil:
1 cup butter
2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup

Boil for 1-1/2 minutes.
Immediately pour this over the dry ingredients stirring slowly to coat.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes to thoroughly coat mix.
Remove and stir with large rubber spatula every 5 minutes until cool.

Store in airtight container…I use 2-5 quart ice cream buckets.

No comments: