from Vegetarian Times
Makes 1 10-inch pizza
- 2 oz. shiitake mushroom caps, sliced 1/4-inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 small shallot, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt, for seasoning mushrooms
- Coarsely ground black pepper, for seasoning mushrooms
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 oz. sliced canned truffles in oil or 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Parbaked Pizza Crust
- 2 oz. cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (3/4 cup)
- 2 oz. Taleggio cheese, rind removed, cut into 8 slices
- 12 fresh Italian parsley leaves
Directions1. Preheat broiler. Toss together shiitake mushrooms, shallot, and 1 Tbs. olive oil in small bowl, and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet, and broil 8 to 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and slightly charred, stirring several times. Remove mushrooms from broiler; leave broiler on.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, and rosemary in separate bowl. Stir in truffles with their oil.
3. Spoon shiitake mushrooms evenly over Parbaked Pizza Crust, leaving 1/2-inch border. Scatter cremini mushrooms over top, and drizzle with truffle vinaigrette. Broil 7 to 8 minutes, then arrange Taleggio slices on pizza, and drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Broil 1 minute more to melt cheese, if desired. Scatter parsley over top; cut into 6 slices.
Per slice: Calories: 146, Protein: 4g, Total fat: 10g, Saturated fat: 3g, Carbs: 12g, Cholesterol: 8mg, Sodium: 404mg, Fiber: <1g, Sugars: 1g